These links will open in a new window. Many of these sites involve both free and for-fee services. To keep this page manageable and maintainable we have, with few exceptions, limited ourselves to the main page within each organization; users are encouraged to explore from there. Inclusion of a site here does not imply its suitability for any particular purpose nor does it signify its endorsement or recommendation by the University.
Suggestions for additions and improvements for this page will be appreciated.
On This Page
Academic, Research and Career Support
- Academic Programs in Quantitative Finance
- Job Sites
for Quantitative Finance - There are also pages in the sites referenced under "Support Sites" next below that provide information about open positions in quantitative finance.
- eFinancialCareers/Quantitative Analytics - The web site covers a broad spectrum of careers in finance. This is the section most relevant to Quantitative Finance.
- Monster.com - This site does not specialize in finance, but it is a good general site that also provides advice on interviews and resumes.
- QuantFinanceJobs.com - This site is a job board for quantitative finance, financial engineering and risk management positions. Participants register either as job seekers or as recruiters.
- QUANTster.com - This site is a job market daily for positions in quantitative finance.
Support Sites for Quantitative Finance: News, Tutorials, Software and Data
- Default Risk - Information and publications for credit risk modeling and credit derivatives pricing.
- The Digital Economist - Economic tutorials and data.
Financial Engineering News - Here you'll find current news and lists of recommended texts in quantitative finance.
- FinMath.com - You'll find listings of Quantitative Finance texts, notices of upcoming events and other information.
Global Derivatives - This site is a good general resource that's worth your time exploring.
- Options Industry Council - The OIC's sites offers training courses, data and software for trading options.
- Quant Notes - Started by several Ph.D.'s from Imperial College in London, this site contains many useful backgroud articles, sample software, financial data and other resources.
- Risk Latte - This site contains news, forums, and useful links. It bills itself as "The Financial Engineering Resource."
- Wilmott - Paul Wilmott is the author of several popular texts in quantitative finance; his site has background articles, an online forum and other resources.
Finance, Economics and Mathematics Encyclopedias and Glossaries
- Concise Financial Encyclopedia - A free resource providing short, simple explanations of finance and banking terms.
General Finance - Word IQ maintains this site for definitions in general finance.
Financial Mathematics - Word IQ maintians this site for definitions in financial mathematics.
Financial Derivatives - Margrabe Group has developed this online glossary of derivatives.
- The History of Economic Thought - A well-designed site, maintained by the New School, covering the various schools of thought developed by economists to explain economic behavior.
- Math World - Wolfram Research is the developer of Mathematica® but this site is just a good general encyclopedia of mathematics.
Quantitative Finance - This is another valuable resource within the main Global Derivatives site.
- Risk Glossary - This site is an excellent source with an unusual approach. Often the link leads to a brief article in which the target term is described in context with other related ideas.
- Wikipedia - This is a web based, multi-language, free content encyclopedia written collaboratively by volunteers. It's not perfect but it is remarkably good. It contains information on an enormous range of topics.
Professional Societies: Contacts, Conferences, Journals and Tutorials
Top of Page
Top of Page
Investment Information and Support
- General Investment Sites
- News, Quotes and Other Resources
- Hedge Fund Sites
- Government, Quasi-Government and Not-For-Profit Resources
- Securities Exchanges
Top of Page